Thursday, July 24, 2008

Science Camp

Yesterday we searched for butterflies. We went outside first. We played on the playground. Then we searched for the butterflies, and then we had snack. Then we played a game with Skittles. You have to put them in your hand and guess which one they are in. No one guessed! I hid them and I ate them! We colored butterflies. Mine was the hardest one to find because I hid it behind something under a table.

Today, we made marble tracks. They are these black things that go down and you can make loops with them. Then you put the marble down and it goes where you want it to go. Sometimes it falls off the tracks. Before science I went to breakfast at Bruegger's Bagels with Bryan. I had a blueberry muffin.

The date is July 23, 2008.

Yesterday it was July 22, 2008.

Tomorrow, on the 24th, I get to go to Zoombezi Bay! I am going with Grandpa Jim and Elizabeth. I am excited about it because I've never been there. It is my first time! Tomorrow is the 24th of July, 2008.

That's all for today! Goodbye!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Riley! You are doing all the things this summer that I liked to do when I was the same age that you are. I loved to make marble tracks. I also really like blueberry muffins from Bruegger's Bagels. It sounds like you are having a very fun summer!

I like your blog. I have added it to my blogroll so that I will always know when you have made a new post.

Unknown said...

Weird - this morning when you were at Brueggers Bagels, Stacy and I were at Panera talking about the Brueggers Bagels that closed down and was replaced by the Panera we were sitting at! So we were sort of at the same place...

It sounds like Science Camp rules! How many different butterflies did you find? I like that I get to see what you are doing now that you are blogging.

When are you starting school? Do you know who your teacher for this year yet?

On another note, Butters misses you! :)

Unknown said...

Riley,

I personally believe that butterflies are over-rated. Moths don't get any attention like butterflies! For instance, the Sphinx moth is very large and very beautiful. Plus, moths only come out at night. That makes them extra cool. Here's a question that will blow your mind (not like the soap though): What did moths do at night before electricity?

Yeah Science camp!

Unknown said...

Tomorrow is the zoombezi bay day, look out for the big slide. How is you brother doing?/ grandpa jim and elizabeth.

knitbunnie said...

Hi Riley,

I liked reading about science camp. You did a lot of cool things. I'm going to put some soap in my microwave. It's fun to put marshmallows in the microwave. They get really big and puffy and when you're finished, you can eat them when they get cool.

Tutoring Toys looks like a great place to spend your tooth money. They have some of my favorite toys there. I love Playmobil toys.

I can't wait to hear about your day at Zoombezi Bay.

Love,

Bonnie

Unknown said...

Hi Riley!
I am a friend of your great uncle, Dr. Ed Long. He told me about your blog so I decided to check it out. I think it's great! It will be really fun for you to look back at your blog in a few months or even a year and remember all the things you did. I recently took a trip with my daughter to Europe and I kept a blog for the whole trip. 72 PAGES!

Can't wait to see your next post.
Lisa
(From Seattle, Washington)